none
Windows automatically add keyboard/language. RRS feed

All replies

• To fix this issue, delete the Preload registry folder and sign out , restart the computer:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload

You may use the following one-liner to use on a command prompt with admin privileges:

reg delete "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload" /f

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:27 AM
  • Hi,

You can change/disable this by

> Settings > search for 'typing' > Advanced keyboard settings > Language

> Bar options > Advanced Key Settings (tab) > Change Key Sequence

Since restarts and sleep mode can both change keyboard default, there may not be a definitive answer.

The default settings are very easy to hit, when using the keyboard, thus suddenly changing the keyboard language. Changing the keys to "Not Assigned" will prevent the keyboard language from switching accidentally.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:18 AM
  • This does not help, they always come back, after restart they are immediately in \HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload

And after some time users get them to.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

For more possible methods, please refer to the following link:

https://superuser.com/questions/976947/keyboard-language-keeps-changing-in-windows-10

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

If that doesn't work,  You can use the Feedback Hub app to share your problem.

Best regards,

Farena

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:00 AM
  • I do not have a problem with keyboard switching, I got problem with what Windows add new keyboard layout be him self, and does not matter what I'm doing nothing help. If you post here any old link probable with 99% I already tried this fix and he didn't help.

Realy this problem is so old already and still affected user even win newest windows updates, make me crazy

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

I understand that the issue brought some trouble to you. Sorry for all these inconvenience.

While we were not able to make the requested changes to the product at this time, I will watching closely to this issue, If there is any related update, I will let you know. I want to thank you for your useful suggestion and patience along the way.

Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hello!

Any updates?

Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:01 AM