Local Administrator password not resetting after sysprep RRS feed

• Question

• What's happening is we want to change the default admin password for our next set of images we are pushing out. The issue is even after running sysprep w/ the mini setup & reseal options the password stays what it is currently. What I mean is after sysprep I make the image w/ ghost and then put it on another machine for testing but it doesn't change.

What I am finding is that no matter what password I put during the mini setup windows will default to the old local admin password. Just hoping someone might have an idea what is storing the password even after sysprep and what I need to setup a new one?

Thanks.

Cameron.

Friday, March 28, 2008 8:15 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Cameron,

This forum is primarily focused on issues with deploying Windows with System Center Configuration Manager 2007.  That said, my guess is that sysprep is failing to set the Administrator password because the Administrator password was not blanked out before you captured your image (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200607).

This shouldn’t be an issue with ConfigMgr since it automatically blanks out the Admin password as part of the “Prepare Windows for Capture” step.

-- Brett          

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:19 AM