none
Windows 10 1909 - removed feature "Taskbar settings roaming" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there :-)

I've recently read through the changes from Windows 10 1909 and saw the following:

Roaming of taskbar settings is removed in this release. This feature was announced as no longer being developed in Windows 10, version 1903.

First I thought that Microsoft is moving all taskbar-related settings into some DB in AppData\Local, so that the settings wouldn't be part of the roaming profile. But after a quick test this has been proven wrong. Can anybody explain me what this change actually means?

Thanks for your time & best regards
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

We have not found any related introduction in official article about roaming of taskbar settings. I think it might be related with data stored in %APPDATA%\\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\Taskbar. Please check if any changes about this data between Windows 10 1909 and Windows 10 1903. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Look here in the deprecated features:

Windows 10 features we’re no longer developing | Microsoft
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/windows-10-deprecated-features

Zero explanation of the effect of this or why, might be useful for at least a cursory paragraph on that from Microsoft no?
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

If any information is useful for you, please mark it as answer. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:21 AM
  • There is zero useful info here, Microsoft and yourself have added nothing to this conversation.
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:19 AM