none
Network discovery and Location have in common that doesn´t work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Had some problem with network discovery, tried all things without any luck. It worked 1 day and the next poof, gone.

Did try all kinds of fixes and even checked on another computer of that setup and they were exactly the same.

I accidently stumbled over the button named "Location" under "Notifications & Actions".

When disable I can see all my computers and my NAS unit on the network, Turn Location on again and refresh and they are gone but it´s just the discovery too see them that are gone, I can still connect to the computers if I write in the address directly in the field. No lost connection at all, just that they vanish under the "Network" area.

What do Location do to make this issue?

Best regards

///Andreas

• Edited by Znyder Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:13 PM
    Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Had some problem with network discovery, tried all things without any luck. It worked 1 day and the next poof, gone.

Please clarify your question.

Please check your event viewer, if there is any error.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Was your issue resolved?

Best regards,

Ellen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Please let us know if you would like further help.

Best regards,

Ellen

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best regards,

Ellen

Monday, February 10, 2020 11:37 AM