none
Data recovery disk RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I try and start up my pc or reboot it, I gat an error msg asking me to put in the recovery disk and press enter.  I cannot find my recovery disk anywhere and wanted to know if there is somewhere I can download it from so I can get my pc started again.   I have windows Vista.
    Monday, October 22, 2007 7:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you have windows vista and your computer is an HP, then you can call HP and ask for the recovery discs to get your computer started again. It´s not expensive at all and you might need them more than once. If you don´t have HP try to contact to your PC brand or create them yourself  when your pc starts booting into BIOS. you will see the recovery manager console (or try to get there from the system) and in advanced otions you will see the option to create recovery discs. Good luck!°!

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:38 PM
  • How do I make a recovery disk?  Reply to eaglejp1@omcast.net

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:21 PM
  • Here's a link to show you how to create a Windows Vista recovery disc for an HP machine...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00882383&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=3562664&lang=

Cheers,

-Tony Mann

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 3:13 AM
  • i need to make a recover disk for my compaQ computer i have lost mine and i get nothing when i turn on my computer, i need help!  I had windows 98, i believe my hard drive has been wiped.   I'm not sure what the kids did, But they are always on my computer now and I am an avid EQ2 and WOW player, so this is really hard on me!  Please  help!

Saturday, March 15, 2008 5:55 PM
  • I have an Acer (Vista Home Premium) with recovery discs. I tried to do a recovery and it came back with an error.
     Now it calls for an OS CD to correct the error. Acer wants to sell me a new set of recovery disks. Are they gonna work??????
    I
    'm thinking NOT. The only thing that's gonna work is the "Actual OS CD".
    I've tried every fix known to computer geeks prior  to using  the repair disks  and none have  worked.
    Vista is going in the garbage can, and am installing XP  which  has  had "ZERO" issues for me.

I hope somebody starts a class action suit to get MS to admit to the biggest HOAX known as Vista.
    Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:35 PM
  • You would have never got one with it if it is vista. CompaQ is made by HP. You will Need to order them from HP.
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:05 PM
  • if your product is HP Notebook PC, this is the process of creating a recovery disk

First insert a blank dvd on your optical drive

1. click start

2. start search field type Recovery disc creation or u can also go to recovery manager

3. if the welcome to recovery manager screen appears, click advanced option

4. in the advanced option, choose recovery disc creation

5. then click next, follow the on screen instruction

you will have the cd now!!ok!! see ya!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:53 AM
  • just to add, because on the notebook itself it has a recovery partition, and you can create a recovery disk

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:56 AM
  •  Nathan Heinke wrote:
    You would have never got one with it if it is vista. CompaQ is made by HP. You will Need to order them from HP.

just to add, because on the notebook itself it has a recovery partition, and you can create a recovery disk

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:58 AM