none
Access Denied by Plugin LaunchAPP

Question

•  

I am trying to do some training online for my job.  At first it asked me to install an add-on for it to run.  Once I added it and it was downloading I recieved a pop-up that at the top says Plugin LaunchApp and then in the box it says Access Denied.  What does this mean and what can I do to fix it so I can owrk on this stuff when I'm not at work?  I have already tried turning off my Norton 360 but that dosen't work.
    Friday, June 06, 2008 6:28 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, I suggest you first perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.       Make sure the current user is Administrator or with Administrator privilege.

2.       Temporarily disable UAC under Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> Uncheck the check box and press OK and then restart the computer.

3.       You can add the link to trust site via  Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted sites.

If the error still occurs, please let me know the address of the link so that I can perform further research.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:57 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, I suggest you first perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.       Make sure the current user is Administrator or with Administrator privilege.

2.       Temporarily disable UAC under Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> Uncheck the check box and press OK and then restart the computer.

3.       You can add the link to trust site via  Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted sites.

If the error still occurs, please let me know the address of the link so that I can perform further research.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:57 AM
  • Hello,

I tried this and it did work great, but when I turned it back on, the same thing happened, any more suggestions.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:48 AM