none
Digital Aquarium Screensaver on windows 7

Question

• Hi,

I am using Windows 7 in 64 bit.
    I have downloaded Digital Aquarium Screensaver But I can't hear water sound.
    I have tried another computer (Windows XP),I can hear the sound of running water.
    Why can't hear sound on Windows 7 64?
    Thanks for the help.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:22 AM

Answers

• It works on our test computers. I suggest you upgrade your audio adapter driver.

If it does not work, I suggest you boot into Clean Boot Mode. 

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by computer_2011 Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:22 AM
  • Open Device Manager and right-click on your audio device(s). The context manu will give you an option to update drivers. Take that option and you will be given a chance to search online for new drivers.
    • Marked as answer by computer_2011 Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:36 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:09 PM

All replies

• Please tell us *which* "aquarium screensaver" you downloaded. Is it Win 7 x64 compatible?

Please provide a link, and confirm that your sound is fully functional other than with the screensaver.

Monday, December 13, 2010 4:32 PM
  • Thanks.

Below is a link for Digital Aquarium Screensaver.

http://www.digiaquascr.com/products.html

It's semms the screensaver is compatible with win7x64.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:58 AM
  • It works on our test computers. I suggest you upgrade your audio adapter driver.

If it does not work, I suggest you boot into Clean Boot Mode. 

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by computer_2011 Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:22 AM
  • You're correct. It works fine here on my Win 7 x64 laptop. Follow Arthur's guide to isolate the problem on your computer.
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:50 PM
  • Thanks,I will try it.I've tried searching the windows 7 CD for better and compatible drivers, but can't update my audio adapter driver.How can I update my audio adapter driver?

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:38 PM
  • Open Device Manager and right-click on your audio device(s). The context manu will give you an option to update drivers. Take that option and you will be given a chance to search online for new drivers.
    • Marked as answer by computer_2011 Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:36 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:09 PM
  • My Screensaver works ok.Thanks a lot.
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:35 PM