none
Pinning Items to Taskbar

Question

• I accidently unpinned the Media Player Icon from the taskbar. I want to get it back, Pinning a shortcut to Media Player doesn't give me the same icon (and the resulting compact window for the player. Any ideas where unpinned items go? 

Thank you
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP, Moderator Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:09 PM (Moved from Windows 7 Miscellaneous to Windows 7 User Interface)
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:42 AM

Answers

•  Just go into all programs, and then right click on WMP, and in the list it should have the option to pin to taskbar.
    And I think that unpinning items just deletes the link.
    Hope this helps!
    • Proposed as answer by Ned Pyle Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T JrModerator Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:39 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:55 AM

All replies

•  Just go into all programs, and then right click on WMP, and in the list it should have the option to pin to taskbar.
    And I think that unpinning items just deletes the link.
    Hope this helps!
    • Proposed as answer by Ned Pyle Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T JrModerator Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:39 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:55 AM
  • As starcomusa30273 mentioned, you just delete the link to the program. Every program you start you can pin to the taskbar. Simply right click the program Icon within the taskbar and choose "Pin this program to taskbar"
    Peter Forster, MVP Virtual Machine, Austria
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:30 PM
    Answerer
  • I have an application that I could put on the taskbar under XP and Vista cannot pin it under windows 7

its an app on a server and I am passing info to it as part of the shortcut.  I do not get the option to pin while its running

the short cut looks something like    \\nts0\c\path\path\path\application.exe \\nts0\c\path\modulename

tx
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 5:06 PM