none
Installing version 2004 on Windows 10 pro for workstation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, running Windows 10 pro for workstation version 1909 (OS-version 18363.836) on a HP-Z4.
    I am trying to install version 2004 through Windows updateassistant, which stops and gives
    me errorcode 0xa0000400. What is the problem?

Regards Henrik

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Henrik, 

Does the issue occur on downloading process or installation process?

Please try the general steps to narrow down the issue at first. 

Run command line "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as administrator to make sure no system corruption files. 

Turn off firewall and antivirus software temporarily.

Run Script to reset Windows update components. 

Boot into Clean Boot environment and perform upgrade to check.

Bests,

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:03 AM
  • Hi Henrik, 

Any update?

If you need further assistance, please reply directly.

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 7:33 AM
  • Always happens with me.

Updates for Windows 10 Pro for Workstation is always schedule to the last. The error means that an update is not available for our version.

Monday, July 13, 2020 11:25 AM