none
Toughbook cf-18 touchscreen drivers

Question

• Can not get the right driver for the touch screen to work. Does anyone have a good idea?

Also i tried with installing the driver through xp/vista compatability and run as administrator, and not work

and the frontal buttoms dosn´t work

off course my laptop work great with xp but i want tried win 7 with touchscreen!

Any ideas?
    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:37 PM

Answers

• The front buttons are not yet compatible with Windows 7 RC. However, some other people have had success with the touch screen. Are you still having problems? 

-Nick
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:42 AM
  • Joe,

No, the HP TouchSmart software is machine-specific.

ToughBook driver downloads are available here , although from the looks of things, these machines aren't very well supported beyond Windows XP. There should be one more model letter following the "CF-18" which specifies your exact make of notebook (and, in turn, which drivers you'll need).
    -Alex
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:30 PM

All replies

• The front buttons are not yet compatible with Windows 7 RC. However, some other people have had success with the touch screen. Are you still having problems? 

-Nick
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:42 AM
  • Realy? I interesting to know how active the touch screen ¿can you help me? and I have another question ¿can I use the HP touch smart soft in another computer?

Tk´s in advance
    Joe
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:13 AM
  • Joe,

No, the HP TouchSmart software is machine-specific.

ToughBook driver downloads are available here , although from the looks of things, these machines aren't very well supported beyond Windows XP. There should be one more model letter following the "CF-18" which specifies your exact make of notebook (and, in turn, which drivers you'll need).
    -Alex
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:30 PM
  • Ups! You right! the complete model is: cf-18 fhhzxbm of course I have the drivers but win 7 not work whith this drivers, Also i tried with installing the driver through xp/vista compatability and run as administrator

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/cgi-bin/itn/toughbook/dl01.cgi

Some one can help me?
    Joe
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Hi all,
    I have the same problem and did not find a way to setup any driver to get the touchscreen working with Panasonic Toughbook CF-18.
    If someone has any idea.
    No information at all on Panasonic web site regarding this model with Windows 7.
    Yours
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:10 PM
  • I was able to get all of the drivers to work just fine with Windows 7 RTM (only available right now with a TechNet subscription).  This includes the front controls.  I still, however, cannot get the touchscreen to work.

If you look at the default monitor properties, it does display a generic PNP driver from MS, what I need is the Vista touchscreen drivers to enable touch.

Anyone have luck with this?  I have found some forums that suggesst a cable is loose which is common, I'll look at this next but I still assume this is a driver issue.

??
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 12:08 PM
  • just go to http://www.wacom.com/downloads/drivers.php. select bamboo fun as your tablet model and choose proper OS. Install downloaded file and have fun.
    • Proposed as answer by filiphch Sunday, December 19, 2010 11:05 AM
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:36 AM
  • Hi gijske,

Is this the driver that allows you to use the touchscreen in conjunction with the Windows 7 OS?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:24 AM