none
Wireless multimedia Keyboard problems

Question

• I have been using a microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard/mouse for the past several years on an XP system without any issues whatsoever, however now that I am using it on my new system running Vista Ultimate 64 I am having lots of problems with it.
    The indicators on the wireless receiver (F lock etc) keep blinking and whenever they do so I either lose signal for a second or two, causing several keystrokes to be missed (sometimes entire words), or keypresses get repeated leaving me with a line of the same character.
    I have updated the drivers to the latest intellitype and intellipoint drivers for Vista64, but that has not made any difference. I have tried it in all of my USB ports and that isn't the problem either. The keyboard still works perfectly when I plug it into my XP system and the batteries are relatively new.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?
    Thanks
    Friday, April 04, 2008 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I’ve checked the compatibility information of Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard (component of Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000) and confirm it to be compatible with Windows Vista.

Now, we may need to update the driver for BIOS and motherboard, referring to the following page:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Note:

Input “KFN5-D SLI” into the search bar at the top-left corner, then start search;

To update the BIOS, you may refer to the following instructions and tools provided by ASUS       

http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

Hope it helps!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Let me know the some more information about this issue before we go further in it, including:

1.    The model of your computer (or detailed system information).

2.    The model of the wireless keyboard.

Cheers,

Lionel

Monday, April 07, 2008 5:55 AM
  • My system is as follows:
    Asus KFN5-D SLI motherboard
    2x Opteron 2212 CPU
    4gig Kingston ECC reg memory in dual channel configuration
    OS is vista Ultimate 64 (installed on a raid 0 array)

The keyboard is:
    Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1
    Model: 1014
    MS part number: X801525-100

The mouse is a Miscrosoft Standard Wireless Optical mouse

The receiver is:
    Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Receiver 2.1
    Model: 1028

Let me know if you need any more information.
    Thanks

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:34 AM
  • Hello,

I’ve checked the compatibility information of Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard (component of Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000) and confirm it to be compatible with Windows Vista.

Now, we may need to update the driver for BIOS and motherboard, referring to the following page:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Note:

Input “KFN5-D SLI” into the search bar at the top-left corner, then start search;

To update the BIOS, you may refer to the following instructions and tools provided by ASUS       

http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

Hope it helps!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:08 AM
  • I am having problems with the same keyboard.  I used this keyboard with my HP notebook running XP Home Edition.  Then I installed the mouse and keyboard on my new computer running XP Professional.  The problem I'm having is that the visual display isn't keeping up with my typing.  There's sometimes a 6 to 8 second delay.  If I keep typing, several words will appear all at once and catch up to me.  Then the same thing happens again.  Also I'm having trouble with the "N" key - it doesn't type most of the time and I have to go back and insert the n's (this also happened before when I was running it on the XP Home computer.  Do I need a new driver?  If so, where can I get it?

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:35 PM
  • I installed new drivers for the keyboard and mouse and I'm still gettig the same problems.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:04 PM
  •  

I too have the same problem.  My set is a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard and mouse combo.  I've been using the set on XP Pro for 2 years with no problems.  I've recently upgraded my office computer to  Vista Ultimate and now  my wireless transmitter's F light flashes causing me to lose signal for a moment and when it picks back up, either my cursor flies across the screen to try to catch up or one of the keys i just pressed on the keyboard sticks down and leaves multiple keystrokes!  Whassup with that?  I have the latest software for the wireless set and I just built this machine so everything is up to date.
    Saturday, July 26, 2008 5:04 PM
  • Hi ngrammes.

Where did you find the new drivers. I am searching all over and can not find the drivers for my Desktop receiver.

Please, am getting desperate here.

Thanks,

Chris
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:34 AM