I have tried the latest version of Windows 8.
when I try to connect to the pop3/imap server I got the following message:
I already ask my provider what can be wrong, but every thing is ok on their side.
Maybe someone knows what to do.
Grtz from the Netherlands
Manfred vd Waarsenburg
I can switch between Pop3 and IMAP, I use IMAP now for a year.
The strange thing is that it worked in consumers and release preview.
I have asked my ISP of something has changed last week but they didn't
Also my other mail doesn't work
i have a own domain (vdwaarsenburg.nl - imap / pop3)
and also the mail from my ISP doesn't work (upc.nl - pop3)
- Edited by Fredje310 Sunday, August 19, 2012 12:01 PM
yeah oke that's a solution, but not a solution for the problem that the mail app doesn't work with the pop3/imap option
why is there a mail app with a option to use a imap account but it isn't working.
when I must use a other program I also can use outlook for office.
Did you check the certificate and servername? IT seems that windows 8/RT in final version just give you the "still can't find..." answer if the certificate is not trusted or created for another servername than you are connecting to. In many cases where you have a mail for your domain at a hoster, the certificate is for the hosting company and not your domain. Try to figure out the real name of the server and set this for the mail account. There is a chance it will work, according to various other user forums. OR set up the account in another mail client which will show you "invalid certificate". There you can look at the certificate and note down the servername. You will also see if the certificate is trusted if you change the name in this other mail client. If it is not, the Win 8 Mail App will continue to give you trouble, I think.
Watch out: It seems that the Mail App does not adapt to your changes during account set-up. After the "we still cant find..." I changed to no SSL and it repeated the message. I closed the app completely and started again directly without SSL and it worked... Changing via charms after the account has been set up works then. But it will show you just "can't synchronize" if the certificate is still wrong. Maybe you have to start with the correct servername as first try, not changing it after the warning.