none
Windows 2019 Essential does not restart RRS feed

• Question

• Hello support,

I have recently installed a Windows server 2019 (HPE ProLiant ml350 Gen 10) server.  What is installed on it are 1- program called TimeSlips, Datto Backup agent, APC, Solar Winds agent with Bitdefender. 

1- SolarWind agent is giving me Non-paged memory performance issue.

2- Datto agent intermittently fails and i have to restart the server.  But it does not restart and it hangs until I manually shut down and turn on the server.

3- I contacted HP and all is good according to them.

4- I appreciate all your help. 

Thanks,

Jamshid

Monday, August 12, 2019 11:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1>
    Question about specific software problem, it is recommended to contact the software’s provider/supporter. As Windows Server provides a unitized platform for various software to run, and specific software installing/running problem, please contact the software’s supporter and confirm with them about the details, such as the software’s compatibility, patch, known issue and etc. 

2>
    About the system reboot hung problem, please check suggestion below:
    1. There is enough free resources, including disk, network, CPU, RAM and etc.

2. Make sure that hardware driver has been up to date, with appropriate driver version which is compatible with current OS version. 

3. If possible, please path the system with Windows Update/Hotfix, patch the system fully with recently update, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.

Windows Server 2019 update history:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

4. We can also check Event Viewer, find relate event according to the problem happens time.

5. 3rd party process may also causing crush, you may manually disable/end 3rd party process via Task Manager, then, shutdown the system to confirm that if problem happens again. You may start system in Clean Boot, wait for a period of time and do not manually start any 3rd party process, then, shut down the system and check the result. 

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang   

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:03 AM
  • hi Eve,

The issue is intermittent.  i have not been able to solve it. what happens is sometimes when i connect remotely i only see a blank screen.  although the users have access to the mapped drives but the only way to make it work i have to manually shutdown the server. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jamshid

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:54 AM
  • Hi Eve,

i am still having this issue. is this issue related to Windows server 2019?  I appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Jamshid

Saturday, August 24, 2019 8:06 PM
  • Windows 2019 Essentials is Windows Server, not the Windows 10 client OS.

I would post this in the Windows Essentials forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windowsserver/en-us/home?forum=winserveressentials

Bill

Sunday, August 25, 2019 12:03 AM
  • Oh sorry did not realize.  Will do!

Thanks, Jamshid

Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:31 PM
  • Hi,

Please check Event Viewer and confirm that if there is any event has been logged.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:16 AM