none
Sony Vaio Battery....

Question

• i'm not 100% sure where i should post this. but i am having a problem (and i've never seen it before on any OS.) first off, i'm running Vista on my Sony Vaio VGN-S360...now, when i have the battery in the notebook (either plugged in or just running on battery power) i get a "this is not the correct battery for your notebook, press enter to enter hibernation and replace the battery with the correct one." now i thought it might be a real issue because i was running a "no-brand" extended life battery, however i switched to the original battery that came with the notebook and still get the same error. with no battery in the notebook and just the a/c adapter plugged in i do not recieve this error. any idea what might be causing it and if there is a fix out there somewhere?

thanks

-chris.

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:18 AM

Answers

• Yes, I agree with Wolfie - please send information to Microsoft. You can download the Microsoft Beta Client here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=43655

The Beta Client will walk you through the bug reporting process and collect the necessary system information files and logs. You will have an opportunity to review what is being provided along with your bug report.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:49 PM

All replies

• Sounds like something that needs to be reported to Microsoft via the beta client. Try to get as much info as possible to them.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:25 PM
  • Yes, I agree with Wolfie - please send information to Microsoft. You can download the Microsoft Beta Client here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=43655

The Beta Client will walk you through the bug reporting process and collect the necessary system information files and logs. You will have an opportunity to review what is being provided along with your bug report.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:49 PM
  • I'm having the same problem and I'm not running vista... So did you get it resolved? By Microsoft? Or did you get an answer from Sony?

Thanks,

Carol

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:37 PM
  • FYI... I shutdown for several hours, put the battery back in, plugged in the a/c power and haven't had any problems since. Did you find the problem to be intermittent? Should I be expecting its return? I'm leaning towards it being yet another Sony power problem and have a ticket in with them...
    Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:15 AM
  • Had this exact prob tonight, found the fix here did the trick:

Tutoroid
    Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:08 PM
  • This forum is for the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT). I am moving your thread to the Hardware forum where others can benefit from this posting.
    Friday, July 28, 2006 10:43 PM
  • Can you please post the fix here? The link does not work.

I am having the exact same problem. Please help.

Friday, August 03, 2007 8:29 PM
  • What is the solution? The link is not working. Thanks.

Saturday, August 04, 2007 4:33 AM
  • Had the same problem and I found this on another forum:

"Uninstall the sony vaio battery checker utility or disable isbmgr.exe from running at startup with msconfig (click start->run and type msconfig)."

Just restart your computer after, and everything will be fine after that.

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:13 PM