none
Is there any way to get the old UAC back in 1703 RRS feed

• Question

• The "modern" UAC really sucks for anyone that has to consistently open things with a different or elevated account. There used to be a reg key in 1607 that would set this back to the old version of the UAC where we could just arrow down to enter in a new set of credentials. That reg key fix no longer seems to apply in 1703. Does anyone know of any way to get this awful new UAC to go back to the way it was?
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe this article can give you some ideas, please refer to the link:

How can I get the old (Win7,8) UAC dialog back in Windows 10..

https://superuser.com/questions/1119982/how-can-i-get-the-old-win7-8-uac-dialog-back-in-windows-10-anniversary-update

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 30, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Unfortunately that doesn't work in 1703. From what I've read they've taken the old UAC out so it doesn't appear there is a way to get it back, which is frustrating. With everyone having different levels of credentials, one would think Microsoft would not want to make it harder to switch to elevated creds, but so be it.

Thanks.

WB

Friday, July 7, 2017 1:35 PM