none
Save WLAN Enterprise credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I work for a company here in Western Australia that visits schools on regular scheduled visits.

One of the schools we are currently servicing requires some 250 Samsung Galaxy tablets with Windows 8 RTC installed to connect to an Enterprise security wireless network.

The network uses WPA2-Enterprise with AES and relies on a RADIUS service to authenticate users. We can do this manually for each unit but it would be good to export the FULL wireless profile including the right credentials to connect to the wireless network.

In one article I found it was explained that about the only way to do this for this type of network was to use netsh. And this seems to work quite well.

To export the profile I use: netsh wlan export profile name = nameofprofile

And then I import the details onto the subsequent computers: netsh wlan add profile filename = wi-fi-nameofprofile.xml

To some degrees this works fine, but on first accessing the network it requires you click connect and then enter the credentials again. It appears in the xml file that the credentials are not saved when the profile is exported.

I have tried some research to get around this but I am hitting brick walls are regards an enterprise wlan. Can anyone shed any light on how to export the credentials so that they can be imported into subsequent computers even if this is a separate step to what I have been doing as shown above?

Thanking you in advance for your help in this matter,

Kindest regards,

Mike Boughton

Friday, March 1, 2013 10:11 AM