none
please read! please help me with my dvd/cd drive! please! RRS feed

• Question

• i am using a aspire 5610Z laptop with Matsushita UJ 850S DVD/CD drive... I already encountered the problem of error 37 that says something like this... Windows Vista cannot find the driver or the driver is corrupt for Matshita UJ-850S.... i have already followed the tips that da_newbie have which is deleting the upper and lower filters... And it works!  my drive works again.. BUT ONLY FOR FEW MONTHS.. after few months maybe an effect again of the update of windows... I lost again my drive... but this time the tips of deleting the upper and lower filters doesn't work anymore... even error 37 is not shown.. and even the device manager doesn't show the MATSUSHITA UJ 850S that i have..

What shall i do?! i need an urgent response! please!
    can you please provide me a driver installer for the device?? i think it would help... please i am desperate to fix my laptop....
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:36 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I suggest trying the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1 First please unplug and replug your DVD drive to mark sure that it is installed properly.

Step 2 If you have any third-party CD/DVD-burning software such as Naro or Roxio installed, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Step 3 Delete Filter Drivers

======================

1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

If the issue persists, as this issue occurred after installing updates, I suggest performing a System Restore to restore the system to a state before these updates were installed to check the result.

To get the issue resolved in a timely manner, you can also contact Acer for more information.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:46 AM