none
Login pin

Question

• What happened to the ,very handy, 4 digit pin that you could use to log in with? I don't seem to have an option to create one.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:53 PM

Answers

• Ok so it's a simple GPO, turned OFF by default.

gpedit.msc/Computer Settings/Admin templates/System/Logon/Turn On PIN sign-in

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:00 PM

All replies

• It's still there. From the metro desktop type password and hit "Settings". On the left side you get "Make or change pincode" among others.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Hmm! Not for me, I only have Create or change picture password. I was logged n to a local account so  switched a Microsoft one an still the same login options.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:45 PM
  • That would be my next question: do you use Microsoft account.

Maybe this function depends on version. What version are you using, w8, w8pro or w8ent? I use w8pro.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:49 PM
  • w8pro
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Hmmm... My microsoft account is a hotmail account. Yours?
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:52 PM
  • I'm using Live, same as I used during the beta.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Well, I'll be!  I'm trying to connect back up to my server and changed from a domain back to a workgroup, rebooted and got my pin login back. :)
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:37 PM
  • Glad you found it.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:03 PM
  • I don't have this options on Domain accounts and MS ID's when linked. Could just be any domain account.

My home pc's work with MS ID on Homegroup.

Vote for Freedom - Vote to Protect our Country

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:08 PM
  • That almost explains it, I had the option when using a domain with the beta version, what is so different about now I wonder?
    Friday, August 17, 2012 12:25 AM
  • I can confirm that it is not available when a computer is in a domain environment.  I think people probably said that it was a security issue.  If you only need one password, a four digit combo wouldn't be hard to figure out.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 2:13 AM

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:00 PM

AnthonyDa, thank you a whole lot, you are Da man indeed. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ray-R Friday, August 17, 2012 2:12 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ray-R Friday, August 17, 2012 2:13 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 2:11 PM