Background Display image not showing w/windows vista home premium RRS feed

• Question

• HELP!  I have tried everything I know to fix this.  I am sure it is probably an "operator error" issue but I can figure out how to undo it!  The issue only affects me when I am logged on to my Toshiba laptop (does not happen to my child when they log in under their account).

Okay, here goes....

I have tried changing my theme, background image from various locations, colors, resolution....nothing works.  What has happened is that I can no longer view any image I choose to set as my background, except in the "preview" screen.  My desktop will only change to different solid colors.  I have the Windows Vista color schemes selected and I have tried to compare what I have set to what my child has and cannot come up with any differences.

Can ANYONE help?!?

Friday, June 27, 2008 10:45 PM

Answers

• J-Nail

Open Control Panel, on the left side, make sure that 'Control Panel Home' is selected. On the right side, under 'Ease of Access' clcik the 'Optimize Visual Display' link.

In the dialog box, scroll down to the bottom and remove the check mark from the 'Remove background images (where available)'. Apply/OK.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:01 AM

All replies

• J-Nail

Open Control Panel, on the left side, make sure that 'Control Panel Home' is selected. On the right side, under 'Ease of Access' clcik the 'Optimize Visual Display' link.

In the dialog box, scroll down to the bottom and remove the check mark from the 'Remove background images (where available)'. Apply/OK.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:01 AM
  • Thank you ..it fix the problem
    Friday, September 4, 2009 1:00 PM