none
Windows 10 Version 1903 18362.53 - Outlook 2016 will only run in safe mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just set up a new SSD with the latest insider build 1903 18362.53 and have everything up and running except for Office 2016 - Outlook

I have tried many suggestions on repair etc. The PST file keeps getting corrupted, at least scanpst says so and repairs. I have just reinstalled office yet again and I still can only start in safe mode. The rest of office is fine. May be there is a bug with this build for Outlook. Anyone else tried yet?

Regards

David

Friday, May 3, 2019 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hey Squeezy,

1. While in Safe Mode going to File > Options > Add-ins , at the bottom Manage Select Com Add-ins hit Go..

Disable any COM Add-ins and see if that helps.

2. Try creating a new Outlook Profile by going to Control Panel > Search Mail, click it > Show Profiles > Add

After that run Outlook in Safemode again and select your new profile, afterwards close and reopen normally.

• Edited by dukesalami Friday, May 3, 2019 11:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by squeezy Saturday, May 4, 2019 1:30 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hey Squeezy,

1. While in Safe Mode going to File > Options > Add-ins , at the bottom Manage Select Com Add-ins hit Go..

Disable any COM Add-ins and see if that helps.

2. Try creating a new Outlook Profile by going to Control Panel > Search Mail, click it > Show Profiles > Add

After that run Outlook in Safemode again and select your new profile, afterwards close and reopen normally.

• Edited by dukesalami Friday, May 3, 2019 11:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by squeezy Saturday, May 4, 2019 1:30 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 11:39 PM
  • With Intel based hardware,Intel has special software/drivers for SSD & Storage..

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/35125/Memory-and-Storage

Edit the 3 tabs in the next window..Also,check for Intel Chipset & Intel Storage,Rapid Storage Technology..

Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for the help.

Finally it was so simple, just a new profile but using the old data files and settings and it all works.

Strange why that should be the cause, but that is for another day.

Many thanks to you both.

David

Saturday, May 4, 2019 1:29 PM