none
Time to reach LogonScreen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

hope to solve a login issue, from when I start the computer untill I get the loginscreen it takes med 3 min 20 sec when not in our network (out of hous), but as soon as I'm in house the computer boots into the loginscreen qick and smoth.

Is there any way to change this behavior?

//Peter
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:39 AM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to go through Clean Boot and find out the offending object interfering the operation.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:56 PM
  • as you give not enough information (Domain Joined System?, what is logged in event log?)
    you can analyze as has been done here: The Case of the Veeerrry Slow Logons
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 4:22 PM
  • Hi Peter, 

We could check if the issue occur in Clean Boot environment and Safe Mode environment. 

We also could monitor the logon process thread through Process Monitor tool to check which thread take a long time. 

Use Process Monitor to create real-time event logs

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:29 AM
  • Hi Peter, 

If any reply is helpful for you, please mark it as answer. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 4:16 PM