Vista Business SP1, the good, bad and ugly! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I installed Vista Business SP1 to see if it would solve a problem I was having with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 where I could no loner maintain web site that I set up using the WebDAV function.  The good news is that this problem appers to be resolved with SP1.

The bad news is that Microsoft Internet Explorer is more unstable than ever and I often has to hard reboot to get the PC to respond.  When the application freezes up with the blue circle of death, even the three finder salute does not bring up the Task Manager Screen.  This same instability also is affecting Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 although not as often.

I sure hope that the final release fixes the instability problems, presently I an considering going back to XP for Vista Businss have been a disappointment.  The machines I have running vista Home do not appear to be as bad.

A_Badger

Monday, March 31, 2008 7:27 PM

All replies

• After too many hair-raising experiences where Windows changes broke Adobe software, we moved all of our Adobe-based web development to the Mac platform. It is infinitely more stable there.

All that is keeping the Windows desktops alive for us is Office 2007. New PCs are all Macs with VMware for the WindowsXP legacy.
    Monday, March 31, 2008 8:22 PM
  • I think Flash 8 and Dreamweaver 8 are much, much better than Flash CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3.
    Monday, March 31, 2008 9:48 PM