none
Can't get Window 7 to see my Canon MP620 printer

Question

• Window 7 OS on a new desktop machine, Cisco router and various switches, Canon MP620 printer connected to the network.  Have checked the cables and switches and all are fine.

I can add the MP620 printer under 'devices and printers' and see the printer icon, but I keep getting the message that the printer is offline when I try a test page.

I have gone into the printer maintenance area on the printer LCD screen to see the LAN setting.  I can set up a wireless address ok, but I can't find a wired address for the machine.  Maybe the wired LAN hardware on the printer has failed?

I have added the wireless port as a standard TCP/IP port but to no avail.  Any further thoughts?

Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Firstly, I recommend you reinstall the printer driver, make sure it’s compatible with Windows 7.

If it doesn’t work, you can try to disable the SNMP:

Right click on (Network)Printer - choose Properties - go to Ports tab - choose Configure Port - then un-check SNMP Status Enable option

This is just for troubleshooting, you could enable it again when the problems resolved.

Here’s another similar thread you can refer to: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/0cfa31d7-b44b-4241-aa31-d0ae9f0a2112

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:05 AM