none
help GTA san andreas doesnt work on my windows 7 !!

Question

• help .... i hv tried several times to open gta san andreas on windows 7 but it closed every time and messege said that gta has stopped working and there is a problem that prevents the game from working correctly !! plz help i wanna playy this game

Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:46 PM

Answers

• According to the information provided by the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center web site at the following web address

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=GTA%20San%20Andreas&os=32-bit

GTA San Andreas is not compatible with Windows 7; you could try to install it in compatibility mode, by right-clicking the installer's program file, choosing "Properties" and selecting an appropriate operating system in the "Compatibility" tab.
    Also contact the manufacturer's support for more informations about the full compatibility of your game with Windows 7.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Monday, July 25, 2011 7:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, August 01, 2011 8:34 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:08 AM
  • some forums say the compatibility mode "run as Windows XP" won't help but rather removing INTRO Videos from the game may help.

other ideas i found:

lower the graphics of the game to its lowest

switching to Windows 98 compatibility mode and running as administrator (?!)

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition

try deleting gta_sa.set on your settings folder (Which changed to Public/Documents/GTA SA User Files after the compatibility change)

Regards George
    Friday, July 22, 2011 4:13 PM

All replies

• According to the information provided by the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center web site at the following web address

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=GTA%20San%20Andreas&os=32-bit

GTA San Andreas is not compatible with Windows 7; you could try to install it in compatibility mode, by right-clicking the installer's program file, choosing "Properties" and selecting an appropriate operating system in the "Compatibility" tab.
    Also contact the manufacturer's support for more informations about the full compatibility of your game with Windows 7.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Monday, July 25, 2011 7:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, August 01, 2011 8:34 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:08 AM
  • some forums say the compatibility mode "run as Windows XP" won't help but rather removing INTRO Videos from the game may help.

other ideas i found:

lower the graphics of the game to its lowest

switching to Windows 98 compatibility mode and running as administrator (?!)

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition

try deleting gta_sa.set on your settings folder (Which changed to Public/Documents/GTA SA User Files after the compatibility change)

Regards George
    Friday, July 22, 2011 4:13 PM