none
startup repair fails windows 7

Question

• Hello,

My laptop doesn't start up anymore. After the startup repair is states that it cann't repair the problem.

problem signature 3: unknown

problem signature 4: 4

problem signature 5: autofailover

prob sign 6: 1

prob sign 7: no OS installed,

and then it says that it the root cause is: no OS found on disk, repair action: partition table repair, but the result is failed.

with error code: 0*490

I only have this laptop for 2 months and it already had windows 7 installed so I do not have a windows7 installation cd.

thanks for helping! :)

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:20 PM

Answers

• Hi

The system is probably still under warranty.

I would check with the computer manufacturer to see what recovery options they have installed on the system. Instead of providing a recovery disk, they may have installed a separate, hidden partition on the hard drive.

Regards,

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

Frankly speaking, the safest way is following Ronnie’s suggestion to restore your computer from a recovery partition. If you are not familiar with this, it is recommended to contact the computer manufacturer for support as it is within the guarantee time.

Alternatively, this error can be fixed by booting in Windows RE using Windows 7 Recovery disc, then use the Bootrec.exe tool to manually fix the boot entry. You can read the following link for detailed steps:

Windows Vista or Windows 7 no longer starts, and the Startup Repair tool does not fix the problem

I noticed that you don’t own a Windows 7 Recovery disc, you could download it from the following link:

Windows 7 Recovery disc

Please note: we provide the third party link to download file for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards

Dale

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi

The system is probably still under warranty.

I would check with the computer manufacturer to see what recovery options they have installed on the system. Instead of providing a recovery disk, they may have installed a separate, hidden partition on the hard drive.

Regards,

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

Frankly speaking, the safest way is following Ronnie’s suggestion to restore your computer from a recovery partition. If you are not familiar with this, it is recommended to contact the computer manufacturer for support as it is within the guarantee time.

Alternatively, this error can be fixed by booting in Windows RE using Windows 7 Recovery disc, then use the Bootrec.exe tool to manually fix the boot entry. You can read the following link for detailed steps:

Windows Vista or Windows 7 no longer starts, and the Startup Repair tool does not fix the problem

I noticed that you don’t own a Windows 7 Recovery disc, you could download it from the following link:

Windows 7 Recovery disc

Please note: we provide the third party link to download file for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards

Dale

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:36 AM