none
Windows 7 Professional vs Enterprise for compatibility

Question

• Hello,

We are getting ready to move to windows 7, so I recently downloaded the eval of windows 7 enterprise to do some testing for my organization.  The applications I tested on windows 7 enterprise worked fine, however I am concerned because we want to order windows professional.  Should I be concerned that they worked under windows 7 enterprise but may not work under professional?  The application I am most concerned about is Lotus notes 7.0.2.

If there is an eval version of windows 7 professional available for download, I would appreciate a link.

Thanks for any help,

Maureen

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:29 PM

Answers

• On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:29:28 +0000, Lynnex1138 wrote:

Hello,

We are getting ready to move to windows 7, so I recently downloaded the eval of windows 7 enterprise to do some testing for my organization.  The applications I tested on windows 7 enterprise worked fine, however I am concerned because we want to order windows professional.  Should I be concerned that they worked under windows 7 enterprise but may not work under professional? 

No, no need to be concerned. If they work under one, they'll work
    under the other.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 10:02 PM

All replies

• On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:29:28 +0000, Lynnex1138 wrote:

Hello,

We are getting ready to move to windows 7, so I recently downloaded the eval of windows 7 enterprise to do some testing for my organization.  The applications I tested on windows 7 enterprise worked fine, however I am concerned because we want to order windows professional.  Should I be concerned that they worked under windows 7 enterprise but may not work under professional? 

No, no need to be concerned. If they work under one, they'll work
    under the other.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 10:02 PM
  • Thank you!
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:21 PM
  • On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:21:06 +0000, Lynnex1138 wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:45 PM