none
realtek and mic

Question

• ok I have a gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h motherboard with onboard sound (realtek) finally got the sound to work and the manager to work but I am having one problem with the mic. I am trying to setup mic and I get no sound out of it. sort of confused since I get sound out of the card.and yes I have the sound up on it. if any of you have any ideas I would appreciate it .other than this issue I really enjoy the os its super fast and stable I like the 64bit.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:43 AM

Answers

• Jeniece I will be away for ½ hour you can try that but I dont think it will fix your prob you can also go to programs in my computer find your realtek folder and unistall from there a registry clean could help try Advanced system care it is for win 7 and free Try that first do a complete clean up look at all ASC ops, Or maybe put your win 7 disc in and do up date check for compat issues catch you later (I will turn messenger on for you) {warrenmcintosh@hotmail.com}
    Friday, May 22, 2009 1:45 AM

All replies

• Are you using front or back, if using front plugin (no) put in back will work. Forget about reason back will work.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:23 AM
  • tried that but it doesnt work. so im still stumped.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:14 AM
  • Please tell me what you have tried as there are so many options and i will take it from there. Wazza.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:39 AM
  • I have put the mic in the front and back plugs,when I try to configure it I  get one single quick response, it shows movement on the bar then it disapears and nothing happens no sound nothing. I have downloaded the newst drivers from realtek and have reinstalled them twice. so Im at a loss now as to what I can do.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:58 AM
  • Did you uninstall all drivers first
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:04 AM
  • yes I did uninstall all drivers to audio each time.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:06 AM
  • You can try this go 2 device manager audio if it shows no probs let me know also system look at problem devices you sound advanced user please do that let me know.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:16 AM
  • Forget all above if you are advanced user go to bios turn of onboard sound.
    Uninstall drivers
    Restart
    Reinstall driver by using device manager in other words let divice manager go online and install drivers
    Restart {bios} turn on sound card. I can't see that not solving prob.
    You can also put your win 7 disc in and update it will pick up previous probs it will not delete anything
    make sure you update always check for compat probs and updates before you start.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:39 AM
  • ok I did that .when I had it find drivers online it downloaded two so when I look in device manager I see realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device. and the problem still exits .so should I remove the high definition audio device and leave the realtek high definition audio and try again or do you have any other ideas?
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:01 PM
  • What you want working is Realtek audio could you please advise me what other hardware you have installed like tv turner card (ect) and please let me know did you upgrade clean from what to what it makes it  more easly to understand I presume you read my last post about bios.Wazza52 Australia 10.10 Am.
    P.S. I am running the same sound card on the machine I am doing now updated from vista premium to win 7 rc 7100 build with onboard realtek.
    Friday, May 22, 2009 12:13 AM
  • yes I read your prior post and I followed it to the tee.I am running win7 64bit on a clean install. I do not have a tv card, I am running a gigabyte ga ma78gm s2h motherboard with onboard sound and for now till my video card comes I am using onboard video too. when I followed your prior post I removed all drivers for sound. then I changed bios and restarted computer went to device manager and let system look for and install drivers for soundcard it installed both high definition audio device and realtek high definition audio so I have two now can I simply remove high definition audio device and leave realtek high definition audio and restart computer and maybe that will fix it?
    Friday, May 22, 2009 1:14 AM
  • Jeniece I will be away for ½ hour you can try that but I dont think it will fix your prob you can also go to programs in my computer find your realtek folder and unistall from there a registry clean could help try Advanced system care it is for win 7 and free Try that first do a complete clean up look at all ASC ops, Or maybe put your win 7 disc in and do up date check for compat issues catch you later (I will turn messenger on for you) {warrenmcintosh@hotmail.com}
    Friday, May 22, 2009 1:45 AM