none
Windows 7 RC - Printer won't work and sleep mode absent?

Question

• Hello, good people!

First of all sorry if this thread has been answered or is in the wrong forum category - I'm still new to this website!

As the title says, any printer connected and installed to my Windows 7 RC run laptop won't print. Well actually it does just that the paper is blank and barely anything is printed on it. On several occasions I have used a Lexmark and an Epson printer, both with full inks, but to no avail. It's really frustrating! It worked fine when I was using Vista thou. Any ideas?

And regarding the sleep mode being absent, any clues? It would be handy to save battery..

Thanks and happy 2010! :)

Ali
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 12:51 AM

Answers

• Here's your windows 7 drivers for that printer  Drivers for x86 or 32bit  Drivers for 64bit
    As for your laptop, there are NO Windows 7 drivers, only Vista and the bios hasn't changed. So if you have any issues with the drivers Windows Update supplied, you would need to install the Vista drivers in compatibility mode (and ONLY if you have problems)
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, January 11, 2010 2:46 AM
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 3:34 PM
  • Please first install the latest printer drivers which are compatible with Windows 7 from Epson and see if the issue can be resolved.

If the issue persists after installing the driver for Windows 7, please try the following suggestions to check the result:

Make sure the printer works with other programs:

======

It is possible that the printer does not work properly due to a cable connection problem or hardware problems. Thus, to exclude such possibilities, please double check whether the printer works as expected with other programs, such as Microsoft Word, or another graphic processing application.

Check if the issue is document specific

======

It is possible that the document/project which you have encountered the problem with has become partially corrupted and may impact the system when it prints. To check whether this is the case, please create a simple new document or project and try to print again. It is best if the newly created document/project does not contain any sources (such as clips or text) that you used in the previous document/project, since the source file might be the cause.

Clean up the temporary files

======

1. Go to Start, type Disk Cleanup in to the Search box and then press Enter.

2. Check "Temporary files", and then click OK.

3. Click "Delete Files" button.

The process may last a long time if there are too many temporary files on the system.

Check printer settings

======

1. Please click "Start", type "printers" (without quotation marks) and click the item displayed in the search results.

2. Right click on the current printer and click "Properties".

3. Enable an option named "Print directly to the printer". Usually, this option can be found on the "Advanced" page. However, this may be different according to the printer.

Please open Notepad or Word and check if the printer works properly now.

If the issue persists after completing the above suggestions, please go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> right click on the problematic printer and then click Troubleshoot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:00 AM

All replies

• Identify your printers fully, we can't search for drivers unless we know exactly what they are. How are the printers being connected? What drivers did you install? Did you let Windows update search for the drivers? If not, and you used the original CD, did you install them in compatibility mode (XP or Vista? whatever the CD said it was for). Have you looked to see if there were windows 7 drivers for either printer on Lexmark and Epson's web sites?

As for sleep mode, have you updated your bios to the latest version? What laptop make and model is this? Have you installed the latest chipset/drivers for this laptop?

MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 1:12 AM
  • Currently I have an Epson SX105. I connected the printers using standard USB cables and plugged it into the laptop and let it automatically install the printer. It's definitely installed, as it appears in Control Panels > Hardware & Devices > Printers, and on prompting to print a document it comes out as one of the options. I can also access it's properties and test the printer, check the ink levels etc.

My laptop is a hp pavilion dv3029tx, and I don't think I've updated my bios since purchasing it in August 2008. I did have a look at hp's website for updates and there aren't any for Win 7 and as for Vista, there's a F.0D version (released September 2009)

Help?!

Sunday, January 03, 2010 3:09 AM
  • Here's your windows 7 drivers for that printer  Drivers for x86 or 32bit  Drivers for 64bit
    As for your laptop, there are NO Windows 7 drivers, only Vista and the bios hasn't changed. So if you have any issues with the drivers Windows Update supplied, you would need to install the Vista drivers in compatibility mode (and ONLY if you have problems)
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 3:34 PM
  • Please first install the latest printer drivers which are compatible with Windows 7 from Epson and see if the issue can be resolved.

If the issue persists after installing the driver for Windows 7, please try the following suggestions to check the result:

Make sure the printer works with other programs:

======

It is possible that the printer does not work properly due to a cable connection problem or hardware problems. Thus, to exclude such possibilities, please double check whether the printer works as expected with other programs, such as Microsoft Word, or another graphic processing application.

Check if the issue is document specific

======

It is possible that the document/project which you have encountered the problem with has become partially corrupted and may impact the system when it prints. To check whether this is the case, please create a simple new document or project and try to print again. It is best if the newly created document/project does not contain any sources (such as clips or text) that you used in the previous document/project, since the source file might be the cause.

Clean up the temporary files

======

1. Go to Start, type Disk Cleanup in to the Search box and then press Enter.

2. Check "Temporary files", and then click OK.

3. Click "Delete Files" button.

The process may last a long time if there are too many temporary files on the system.

Check printer settings

======

1. Please click "Start", type "printers" (without quotation marks) and click the item displayed in the search results.

2. Right click on the current printer and click "Properties".

3. Enable an option named "Print directly to the printer". Usually, this option can be found on the "Advanced" page. However, this may be different according to the printer.

Please open Notepad or Word and check if the printer works properly now.

If the issue persists after completing the above suggestions, please go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> right click on the problematic printer and then click Troubleshoot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:00 AM