none
LCD LG TOUCH L1730SF no driver for Windows 7

Question

• hi to all,

in this day i've download and try new windows7.
    My computer is MB Asus P5P800 P4 3ghz 2gb ram, NVIDIA Geforce 6200, display LCD LG TOUCH L1730SF.

finish installation and drivers, all right, bat not recognised only LCD LG TOUCH L1730SF.
    i've download Windows Vista drivers from:

http://www.lge.com/us/support/product/support-product-profile.jsp?customerModelCode=L1730SF&initialTab=warranty#

l1730sf.cat
    L1730SF.icm
    L1730SF.inf

bat when i try to install .inf file, windows tell me: "not supported Metod"

i've explain all buy Email to the LG support, they answere me:

"Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting LG Electronics concerning your computer-related inquiry. Unfortunately they haven't released any Vista 7 drivers as of yet, but the monitor should still be plug and play. If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience. Brandi G E-mail Administrator Customer Interactive Center LGEAI"

So, now they don't support more this display, bat there are not a lot to buy for use touch function with new Windows7...

Lg not support it, Microsost not support natively so the situation is not changed, like when Windows Vista was start.........

Demetrio.
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Demetrio

Windows 7 provides the extensibility for Touch enabled devices, but the drivers are the resposibility of the hardware maker.

Did LG say that they will not support this monitor in the future with Windows 7 drivers? Many hardware manufacturers do not support an operating system while it is still in beta.

I would contact LG again and ask them this question. They should also have the instructions for installing those drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Demetrio

Windows 7 provides the extensibility for Touch enabled devices, but the drivers are the resposibility of the hardware maker.

Did LG say that they will not support this monitor in the future with Windows 7 drivers? Many hardware manufacturers do not support an operating system while it is still in beta.

I would contact LG again and ask them this question. They should also have the instructions for installing those drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:06 PM
  • hi Ronnie,

now after diferent tring, my LCD LG FLATRON L1730SF work good on Windows 7.

Thank You.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 12:05 PM
  • Hi Festermax.

I have an LG 1730SF monitor, and i can´t do it work with W7 as touch-screen, the W7 recognizes the monitor but it doesn´t work as touch screen, How did you solve this?

Thank you.
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

Please share your solution !!

Thanks,
    Udi
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Hi,

I finally got it working here's my solution.

Download drivers from

Install the drivers and plug in your monitor. Might need to reboot after the install is finished.

Under the windows start menu you should have a new program folder called "UPDD"

Calibrate the screen settings ("Start > UPDD > Calibrate")

Then to get right-click to work so you can access context menus, open the settings ("Start > UPDD > Settings") 

Select the "Click Mode" tab and change the selection box on the right to "Interactive Touch". 

Now to right-click simply hold down you finger or pen on the screen, an animation should start swirling round your pointer and the menu will popup. I recommend increasing the speed of the "Interactive switch delay" otherwise you'll be waiting all day for the right-click to initiate.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:19 AM
  • Hi Seb0011

I removed the direct download link for that driver from your post. This was done for the following reasons.

You neglected to mention that the link you posted is not for a free driver download. The company offers these drivers for evaluation purposes only and the evaluation driver comes with restrictions.

Here is a link to that website:

Touch-Base - Download Centre

Here is the description of that evaluation driver.

The driver sent is a trial version for evaluation purposes only and offers 100 clicks after each calibration. A licensed, full production version overcomes this restriction.  Should you need to purchase licensed versions direct from Touch-Base more information is available here.

If you want a copy of this driver for everyday use, you must purchase a license.

Touch-Base Ltd - Universal Touch Screen and Controller Drivers

Please read the following for reference.

Community Code of Conduct and Terms Of Use

Thanks for understanding.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:55 AM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Just to clarify the restriction doesn't apply to LG Monitors though I should of linked to ITM's download page. It's ITM hardware that's used in LG touchscreen monitors and their software that's distributed with it. On the download page if you select "ITM Touch, LG, USB" you're given the link "Click here for Windows production software", allowing you to download the full software without the need to register.

Cheers,
    Sebastian.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:39 AM
  • Seb0011

Can you send me link for download ? I need it...

Thanks

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:20 AM
  • Go to the following link and see if thats what you need. The driver download link is half way down the page. You may have to run the setup in compatibility mode.

http://kb.touch-base.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50013.aspx

Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:12 PM

• Hello, I have the same monitor LG flatron l1730sf with same problem, just want to post my solution, eather you'll have to use the old driver from LG or use the new one from touch-base, found on guruht.com search for " FLATRON L1730SF", cant post link now :(

wish that help you all

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 2:34 PM