none
"No device drivers were found" trying to install windows 7, can it have to do with my BIOS settings?

Question

• I have a acer extensa 5630. It has vista installed on it. Last week I was in the middle of restoring my computer to factory settings when my computer died, when i put it back on I started getting a "no BOOTMGR" type of message. Ive been on google for 3 days trying to figure out what to do, and I saw somebody wrote, to go on command prompt (the only thing I have been able to get on is my bios settings and the restore options, but i kept getting error when trying to restore). So I went to command prompt to diskpart to make partition 2 active. Volume settings I picked the one with c drive. I have a copy of Windows 7, 32bit I put the cd in and it comes to the window for "Select the driver to be installed", A little window pops up that says "No device drivers were foudn. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK". I hit ok and nothing happens, I can click Browse but I have no idea what im looking for. Can someone tell me if my BIOS settings have anything to do with this? here is my bios settings-

Main-
    System memory: 632 kb
    Extended Memory: 3005 MB
    Video Memory 64 MB

Quiet Boot: Enabled
    Network boot: Enabled
    F12 Boot Menu: Enabled
    D2D Recovery: Enabled
    SATA Mode: AHCI

Advanced-
    Minimum WatchDog Timeout: [60]
    BIOS Boot Timeout: [0]
    OS Boot Timeout: [0]
    Power-on wait time: [60]

Boot-
    1. CD/DVD: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560s-(P
    2. USB HDD
    3. USB CD/DVD ROM
    4. USB FDD
    5: IDEO
    6. Network Boot: MBA v11.0.11 Slot 0200
    7. USB Key

That is the order everything is in, I have no clue which order it is supposed to be in.

Also on DISKPART I have 3 partitions I set the 2nd one active, im not to sure about any of that either. If someone could please guide me what I should do

Thanks for your time

also - This might sound like a dumb question, but will deleting a partition help anything? I don't need anything that was on the computer.

edit: Now It starts installing and goes untill 24% then says "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation error code 0x80070570"
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you search "0x80070570" on the forum, you'll notice a couple of similiar issues. This error mainly indicates that the corrupted media files or incompatible DVD driver. Regarding this issue, I would like to give the following suggestions:

1. Test to configure SATA to IDE in BIOS, then boot to see if how it works.
    2. Start booting from an external DVD device.
    3. Installing Windows 7 with USB thumbnail drive.

Best Regards.
    Dale
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you search "0x80070570" on the forum, you'll notice a couple of similiar issues. This error mainly indicates that the corrupted media files or incompatible DVD driver. Regarding this issue, I would like to give the following suggestions:

1. Test to configure SATA to IDE in BIOS, then boot to see if how it works.
    2. Start booting from an external DVD device.
    3. Installing Windows 7 with USB thumbnail drive.

Best Regards.
    Dale
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

i have same problem as you. In first step i chose language and language for keyboard and then i have same error, that no drivers ware found.
    How you resolved this problem ?
    Sunday, December 06, 2009 12:52 PM