none
SCCM setup Over Cloud vs On Premises RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to understand for convincing my client about SCCM  Hardware setup Over Cloud vs On Premises .. My client is Looking for All components want to be on cloud with some Disaster Recovery and they are not worrying about money. [1806 Haigh availability  ? Can be considered, as I know that we can use Backup and restore with in couple of hours in general. But still looking any other options ]

So can any one list some pro and corns Cloud vs On Premises setup like PXE can't be possible on Cloud ,etc 

@

K@vin 

kevin@live

Friday, October 4, 2019 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your understanding of PXE functionality should be accurate. In addition, please allow me to share the following information:

1. If PXE or multicast support is required, you must use on-premises distribution points (standard or pull) to respond to boot requests.
    2. In Azure, Configuration Manager can flexibly scale both virtual machine size and site server roles to mirror demand and reduce costs.
    3. Azure Active Directory is not supported at this time, your site servers still must be members of a Windows Active Directory domain.

I also hope that the following article is helpful to you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/understand/configuration-manager-on-azure

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itshowcase/migrating-system-center-configuration-manager-on-premises-infrastructure-to-microsoft-azure

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 7, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Has this issue been solved? Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Thanks for pointing out your list of views, But still looking for more views on this topic to get more pro and cons

kevin@live

Monday, October 14, 2019 1:23 PM