none
User Profile Service Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have one PC on a domain giving the following error when a user attempts to logon.

The User Profile Service Failed the logon.

The user is then logged out. This happens for all network users except 1, the former full-time user of this PC. The domain admin account also received this error. I followed the instructions for editing the profile list in the registry. Only one account was marked with .bak, and when it was renamed the domain admin account started working again.

Once the domain admin account worked I removed the PC from the domain and rejoined it, however this had no effect. I attempted a system restore but this simply returned the pc to the position where the domain admin was locked out so I had to edit the registry a second time.

Does anyone know how I can get this PC to allow new users to login? The PC is running Vista SP2 32bit.

Steven

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:32 AM

Answers

• I managed to fix this one myself. There was Event ID 1509 and 1511 being generated by the User Profile Service that pointed to a permissions issue with one of the files in the local Default User folder. Once the permission on this file was changed to allow Everyone to read and execute other users could then log on to the PC.
    • Marked as answer by doireboy Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:54 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:54 AM