none
Outbound Emails Sent to Junk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently our website was blacklisted by google due to it being hacked. This has now been resolved and google has removed the blacklisting. 

This has led to some emails that we send being marked as junk depending on what settings the recipient has on their email server. If we send emails to Hotmail, they get through fine if we don't have a link to our website. As soon as we have a link to our website in our signature it marks it as a phishing scam and sends it straight to junk. 

Other users have reported that even without their signature it's still going straight into peoples junk folders. 

I have tried emailing:

not_junk@office365.microsoft.com
    false_positive@messaging.microsoft.com

To no avail. I have checked spam lists and our domain is not included in them and i don't know where i can go with this in order to get our domain sorted. We already have SPF and DKIM set up for our domain. 

At a loss here as to how i can solve this, if anyone has any idea as to where i can go please let me know. 

Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Recently our website was blacklisted by google due to it being hacked. This has now been resolved and google has removed the blacklisting. 

This has led to some emails that we send being marked as junk depending on what settings the recipient has on their email server. If we send emails to Hotmail, they get through fine if we don't have a link to our website. As soon as we have a link to our website in our signature it marks it as a phishing scam and sends it straight to junk. 

Other users have reported that even without their signature it's still going straight into peoples junk folders. 

I have tried emailing:

not_junk@office365.microsoft.com
    false_positive@messaging.microsoft.com

To no avail. I have checked spam lists and our domain is not included in them and i don't know where i can go with this in order to get our domain sorted. We already have SPF and DKIM set up for our domain. 

At a loss here as to how i can solve this, if anyone has any idea as to where i can go please let me know. 

Not much if the recipients are sending it to junk. Do you have DMARC setup? If not, that would help as well to build your reputation. I would suggest removing that link in the signatures until this is resolved however of course.
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:38 PM
  • Hi Ash. G,

In your case, you may need to wait a while for the removal from blacklist to take effect. Otherwise, it is recommended to create DMARC records for the domain that you are sending email from as Andy suggested.

DMARC is a mechanism for domains to get reports on DKIM and SPF results for our domain if we have them configured. A DMARC policy applies clear instructions for the message receiver to follow if an email does not pass SPF or DKIM authentication—for instance, reject or junk it which we can configure according to our requirement.

The recipient's email server analyses the headers of each email message and looks up these DNS records to try and match details of the sending email server against what you have configured. If the sending email server passes these tests, it is incredibly unlikely that the message will be marked as spam or suspicious.

For details about creating DMARC records for your domain, you can refer to this article, https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/35595.on-premises-exchange-dkim-and-dmarc-setup.aspx

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 22, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Thank you for the response, I will look into getting DMARC setup today and hopefully that will help. Will make sure to tell people not to use their signatures and hopefully it will resolve itself. 
    Friday, November 22, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Hi Beverly,

I will look into getting DMARC setup today hopefully that will help towards this being resolved. 

Hopefully it wont take long for the removal from the blacklists, seems silly to me that they're soon to add us to the blacklist but take longer to automatically remove us especially after google has marked the website as ok now. 

Guess all I can do is wait and see and hopefully it will resolve itself.

Thank you for your help.
    Friday, November 22, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Hi,
    I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?
    If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:33 AM