none
Change Appearances using regedit RRS feed

• Question

• I want to Remove Following Things :

>>Blue Color from the Title Bar of Explorer, Control Panel, etc apps

But I want this all to Retain :

>>The Blue HighLight when I hover my cursor over Minimize and Maximize Buttons in Settings app (I want this higlight feature for all of my possible app)

>>Active Window Border Color Blue

And I dont mind using regedit for all of these as I have been using it for much changes in my Laptop..Plz answer me soon .

and if possible then plz share the list of all commands of regedit with their usage ( as in whats their function )

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:08 PM

All replies

• You are better off doing what you want to do with the "visual effects" section under advanced system settings and the personalization section. The "high contrast" theme is also useful.

"And I dont mind using regedit for all of these as I have been using it for much changes in my Laptop..Plz answer me soon ."

That is not advisable as your system can quickly become unstable and broken. 

-Aaron

• Edited by Aaron-PS Monday, October 21, 2019 5:14 PM Added more info
    Monday, October 21, 2019 5:12 PM
  • Hi

Just asAaron-PS said, it is dangerous to change the Windows color by registry, and not recommended.

You can change the title bars to any color you want by referring the following article:

How To Change Title Bar Color In Windows 10

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope can help you.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

I am very happy to help you. Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem?  If you think the answer is helpful, please mark it as a reply, which will help more users get valid information.

Have a nice day=.=

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:14 AM