none
Wireless Keyboard + Mouse stopped working on Windows 7 64-bit edition

Question

• Until this morning my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700 v2.0 (including mouse) was properly working with my Sony Vaio Windows 7 64-bit system.

This Microsoft set was previously installed with another Vaio XP-edition.

Suddenly I could not move anymore the mouse pointer  from the empty area of the taskbar. Since I was using a dock station I connected the cable directly to the USB port of the laptop and the result was the same. Use of the integrated laptop mouse was also showing the same behaviour.

I connected the Microsoft set back into the Windows XP laptop and it was working like magic.

Back again to the Windows 7 64-bit laptop, and the wrong behaviour was again in place.

The OS found the device but provide a message saying “Microsoft Wireless Receiver 700 V2.0 - Device drive software was not successfully installed”.

Is this device not compatible with the 64-bit edition of Windows 7? But in that case why was it working well for almost 10 months?

Any cues on how to solve the problem since with the device attached I cannot use the integrated Vaio mouse either, so navigation – when possible – is only with the TAB key!

Thanks for any helpful reply!

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:55 PM

Answers

•  

Here are some screen shots of additional messages I received:

I decided not to follow your suggestion and now solved the problem by unistalling the HID Compliant driver and restarting the laptop.

Devic e Manager --> Human Interface Driver --> HID Compliant Device --> Right Click --> Driver Tab --> Uninstall, followed by Computer restart that reinstalled the driver automatically.

Thanks anyhow for your time.

Regards.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:54 AM

All replies

• visit microsoft.com/hardware and see if you can find better drivers

probably the old machine does not work properly with Windows 7, ask Sony if they will support it.

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Monday, November 21, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Thanks for your reply but there are no drivers available at microsoft.com/hardware!

I visited http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-optical-desktop-700 and no drivers available.

Here is a snippet of the problem:

Where is Microsoft providing the appropriate drivers if the Windows 7 (64-bit) troubleshooter cannot solve the problem by itself?

Note: On the previous machine (XP) the Keyboard/Mouse set was recognized s an HID Keyboard Device & HID-compliant Mouse.

I hope Customer Service can be efficient on this by providing a working solution.

Cheers

Monday, November 21, 2011 10:33 PM
  • then the only solution I can suggest is to go back to XP and save up for a new rig

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Monday, November 21, 2011 10:42 PM
  •  

Here are some screen shots of additional messages I received:

I decided not to follow your suggestion and now solved the problem by unistalling the HID Compliant driver and restarting the laptop.

Devic e Manager --> Human Interface Driver --> HID Compliant Device --> Right Click --> Driver Tab --> Uninstall, followed by Computer restart that reinstalled the driver automatically.

Thanks anyhow for your time.

Regards.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Fine, I usually recommend using the original OS to minimize problems

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:40 PM