none
Windows 7 RC‏ download is corrupt

Question

• for whatever reason when attempting to download the Windows 7 RC‏ from Microsoft the file is corrupt - I tried one anyway & the problem was in the bootsetup BUT, like I said - I was told during the download it detected the corruption -- I have tried a few times & have this problem - you register with Microsoft, you agree to install the 3rd party Active X from AKAMAI and begin downloading the Windows 7 RC‏ from your link sent but, it is corrupt - has anyone EVER successfully downloaded a NON corrupt 32 bit ENG version of the new Windows 7 RC‏  that will successfully install - I purchased a brand new hard drive so, am NOT worried about screwing anything up
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:10 PM

Answers

• problem fixed-- finally was able to download a good copy -- not sure what the problem was but, kept trying & got lucky -- so, someone can delete this post to the forums
    • Proposed as answer by piepaw Saturday, June 6, 2009 5:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:57 AM

All replies

• Are you using an UMTS (3G mobile) internet connection, or do you have software on your system such as a "download accelerator" from your ISP ? I saw one other issue, on a cable connection where the persons ISP accelerator compressed the data as it was being sent and corrupted the downloads repeatedly. The solution was to disable (remove i nthis case) the download accelerator, and the iso then downloaded correctly.

Otherwise, it could be one of several things, the media you are installing onto, the drive used to burn the DVD, or even an issue with a flaky stick of RAM, among some of the things.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 5:44 PM
  • NO, it's none of that -- in fact as you know you have to install that AKAMAI installer to download -- it downloads then when checking the integrity it finds the corruption -- I did try to go ahead & install on a new hard-drive BUT, the corrption is during the installation it finds missing files in the bootsetup for the Windows 7 -- I will try again a few times
    Monday, May 18, 2009 7:35 PM
  • problem fixed-- finally was able to download a good copy -- not sure what the problem was but, kept trying & got lucky -- so, someone can delete this post to the forums
    • Proposed as answer by piepaw Saturday, June 6, 2009 5:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:57 AM
  • I'm having the same problem. chewing up my 12gb download limit and time doing this. not happy.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 11:55 PM
  • I have just downloaded windows 7 rc twice and both are "corrupt", I'm using the default download manager active x that was installed when I tried the download first...., 6gb used up of my limit gone.. .can't afford to try again...  Any ideas ?
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:32 AM