none
SCCM - use peer cache to pre-cache windows upgrade deployment data RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to leverage client peer cache in WAN traffic sensitive organization to pre-cache windows upgrade image to workstations.

But I'm confused is scenario below is meant to work:

Client peer cache hosts:

PC1

PC2

All other workstations are peer cache clients.

Is it posstible for all other workstations to pre-cache upgrade image only from PC1 and PC2, instead of downloading from distribution point?

Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

Based on my experience, yes, it's possible for all other workstations to pre-cache upgrade image only from PC1 and PC2. Please check the followings:

1. Please use client settings to enable clients to be peer cache sources. To enable peer cache, deploy the client settings to a collection that contains PC1 and PC2. Then members of that collection, PC1 and PC2, act as a peer cache source for other clients in the same boundary group.
    2. A peer cache source must be a domain-joined Configuration Manager client. 
    3. Choose only clients best suited as peer cache sources. Evaluate client suitability based on attributes such as chassis type, disk space, and network connectivity

For more detailed information, please refer to:
    Configure Peer Caching in ConfigMgr Current Branch
    Peer cache for Configuration Manager clients

Hope my answer could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if there is any update. We haven’t heard from you for a few days and would like to know the current status of the problem. Is the problem solved? Do you need any further assistance? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon

Sunday, January 26, 2020 2:43 AM