none
Windows 7 Photo Viewer

Question

• I saved Windows Photos from Vista home premium to external hard drive when clean installed Windows 7 Home Premium, done all updates 65 of them but when i open Windows Photos all photos are listed click on any one and receive following message:-  Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer.

I have searched Microsoft updates, microsoft forums, and appear to have all updates, have now come here and doesn't appear to be any thread re this Photo viewer problem.

Running ;

Intel (R) Core(TM)2CPU 6300@1.86GHz Ram 1.5 GB 64 bit Windows7 IE8

Koalaphil.

Question do I have to transfer all my photos to Windows Live Photo gallery

as No Windows Program appears in Windows 7 Home premium.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:39 AM

Answers

• Right-click on one of the pictures, click “Open with…”. Then select Windows Live Photo Gallery from the list, check the option “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file”. 

If the pictures cannot be opened in Windows Live Photo Gallery either, please let us know:

1. The format of the pictures.
    2. where do they come from.
    3. Whether they could be opened in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista.  

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:21 AM

All replies

• I suggest you download and install Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:15 AM
  • Windows Live Photo Gallery came with Windows 7 I have that, I saved Windows Photo Gallery from Vista home premium, downloaded into Windows 7 Home premium and get that message, So I gather i have to copy all 5000 photo's into Windows Live Photo Gallery to get them to open, Yet they open on the external hard drive in the same Document folder.
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:19 AM
  • What graphics format are the pictures in?
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:33 AM
  • Right-click on one of the pictures, click “Open with…”. Then select Windows Live Photo Gallery from the list, check the option “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file”. 

If the pictures cannot be opened in Windows Live Photo Gallery either, please let us know:

1. The format of the pictures.
    2. where do they come from.
    3. Whether they could be opened in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista.  

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:21 AM