none
Setting Homepage with Group Policy Preferences on Windows 8 - Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are preparing to roll out Windows 8 on several netbook carts, but I am not able to get the new Group Policy Preferences to set our homepage:

I have set the following in GP on the policy that affects these netbooks:

I have verified with Group Policy results that the preference is being applied, and on the client that atleast some settings are being received:

There are no other preferences set in our GP structure.

However our clients still open to MSN.com.  I am missing something? I can add a link on the start page to our homepage as a work around, but unfortunately MSN Spain sometimes puts more racy content on their homepage, and these carts are being rolled out to elementary students.

Thanks for any help,

-Andrew

Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:35 AM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue.

GP's settings for IE10 won't apply for the home page. I've enforced the policy, but ti stubbornly refuses to be correct.

Using MDT I had to set the home page in the deployment, so its quite a feat to ignore the policy.

I've decided that Windows 8 isn't domain ready after all the dramas of trying to control the Metro for users.

Hopefully Microsoft will announce when they fix up all the errors that exist in the integration of Windows 8 on domains.

Will give me more confidence that having another go at building and deploying it won't be a massive time waste.

Friday, November 9, 2012 2:21 AM
  • After downloading and installing 500mb of updates for server2012, and whatever has been released for win8 (500mb?) still no dice.

I'm still wondering if there will be a TechNet flash when it gets fixed.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:27 AM