none
Pinned items on Taskbar missing after upgrade to 1809v2? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone experienced a reset of taskbar items after upgrading from 1803 to 1809v2?
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Often, the items pinned on the taskbar does not change after an update or upgrade. However, personal profile corruption during the update process can cause this issue.

I suggest we re-pinned items on the taskbar or copy the taskbar file from C:\Windows.old and paste into %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.

Hope these are helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:31 AM
  • I'd ask Microsoft why a user profile corruption is possible "during" the in-place upgrade process?

If we're supporting 1,000s of computers, it's not feasible to widely deploy or support the suggested fix/workaround should users experience this issue.

Can Microsoft give us more information?

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:57 PM
  • We're seeing this happen as well with the first batch of in-place upgrades we're testing.

About 7 in 10 computers are having this happen.  End-users aren't happy.

Can someone from Microsoft give us some help?

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

For the problem of why a user profile corruption is possible "during" the in-place upgrade process, we are unable to track down the specific cause., but I will send a feedback to Microsoft related departments.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:00 AM