problems after windows update RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 10 up is to date as of 3/15/2017. Around the 18th after a  windows update, my cursor has started hanging after a few minutes of use. I have to restart the laptop to get the thing to work again. The machine was working perfectly before the update, and no other changes. I first uninstalled the updates, no help. Then I downloaded the updated touchpad drivers from the laptop manufacturers website, no help.

I reset windows, no help. I uninstalled the touchpad and re-installed the updated drivers, still no help. I am at a loss as to what to do to regain the use of my laptop!  Any ideas?

Acer Aspire ES 15  win 10 anniversary edition 64 bit

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused. I see you have tried to reset Windows. If that is not help, I am afraid that the last method left is performing a clean installation. Please back up your personal data at first. Then format your hard disk, perform a clean installation to get Windows 10 again. After installing, download install the last version of Windows 10 driver for your machine model from Acer. It should cover any issues.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:26 AM