none
[Windows 10] Computer no longer able to pair with bluetooth device. RRS feed

• Question

• I had to recently remove my wireless headphones from my computer due to a bug with another wireless device but now when I go to add another device through bluetooth my computer remembers having connected to the headphones previously even though I removed them. I read one trick about clearing sync history but it was a solution for windows 7 sadly, when I tried getting there myself there was a tab missing that i needed in order to clear sync history.

What i'm looking for is a way to like either clear my systems past bluetooth connections completely or like a way to like I guess factory reset my computers bluetooth capability.

What I've tried already:

- Uninstalling the drivers and restarting my computer

- Windows troubleshooter

- sfc /scannow in cmd

- and so many other things i dont even remember

• Edited by Tableee Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:41 PM
    Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:41 PM

All replies

• Not clear what you did when "Uninstalling the drivers and restarting my computer" but this should work:

Open Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth entry and find the device you want to pair, right click and select the "uninstall device" option from the menu.

It will then be treated as a new device when you attempt to pair.

Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:40 PM
  • Hi Tableee,

I'm afraid the title "[Windows 10] Computer no longer able to pair with bluetooth device." does not express what you are looking for (clear my systems past bluetooth connections completely).

If you want to clear past bluetooth connections completely from your system, try this.

# I don't recommend clearing connection list, because it requires much care and laborious for its merits.
      # Before editing Registry, we should backup (export) registry.

[Device Manager]

1) open Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc)
      2) in Device Manage, [View] -- [show hidden devices]
      3) expand [Bluetooth] in tree-view
      4) Right-Click on a bluetooth device which you want to clear from connection list
          and click [Properties]
      5) proceed: tab [Details] -- Property [Hardware Ids], and write down the last 12 letters (it's Hex value)

[Registry]

6) open Registry Editor (run regedit.exe)
      7) search value (12 letters) and delete all entries found (you will find many entries)
      8) close Registry Editor and restart your system

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

• Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, October 13, 2019 11:38 PM
    Sunday, October 13, 2019 11:37 PM
  • Besides, uninstall Bluetooth device from Device Manager, I always found that I need to remove the device from the Control panel, Devices and Printers page if I wanted to clear things up ready for a new attempt.

Also, there is a good script method in Microsoft community, have a try.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/unable-to-remove-bluetooth-device-on-windows-10/ea6da83d-583e-4b80-8714-367510879f07?messageId=5b6e53df-0023-4931-ad35-93e96c47f7ff

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 1:58 AM