none
Sideloading Applications RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following senario to work through in realtion to Side Loading Applications on Win8 Pro Domain Joined Machines.

I particular Hardware Vendor has shipped our new Tablet Devices with an application, SKITCH TOUCH, this is a free application in the Windows Application store.

For our Domain Joined Win8 Pro Tablets we are not allowing the following through Local Group Policy:

1. Users Can't add a Microsoft account to the device - So not to deploy random applications from the App Store, use a Microsoft Live account for Mail or the likes (Government Policy)

2. Users Can't Access the STORE Application - Do not want users of device to open STORE at all.

3. Due to funcationality of the application, integration with the inbuilt camera - All users need access to the application (in some instances the devices are shared by multiple users with individual AD Accounts)

I have tried to obtain from the Hardware Vendor the appropriate APPX Content for Sideloading the application for all users on the devices.

My question is what would be the procedure to follow to get the RAW APPX Content of the Application from the Win8 Store so that I could SIDELOAD Deploy the Application to the 80 Devices before being shipped out to various Service Centres to be used by the 120 Staff Members.

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:49 AM

Answers

• Use Fiddler to get the URL to the AppX file:

http://superuser.com/questions/478041/where-is-windows-8s-package-cache-for-store-applications

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:03 AM