none
ScanJet 6300C

Question

• Does anyone have any suggestion how to get Scanjet 6300C (C7670A) working under windows 7? What drivers to use?
    I thought with all this "advancement" these 100yars old drivers be in by default!?

thanks
    Josef
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:07 AM

Answers

• Hello Josef,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Josef,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 7:50 AM
  • Thanks andy,

that's the trouble! HP offers only up to XP. Do I install comp. mode XP driver?

JOsef
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:37 AM
  • still same problem, HP seem to not be interested in support only new sales

XP drivers are still the most recent, which is useless on win7

I ended up installing a XP virtual machine in win7 (its a free d/l from ms) and an older version of photoshop, pain in the ____ work around but it works

• Proposed as answer by Galderan Friday, June 18, 2010 1:08 AM
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 4:19 AM
  • The XP drivers work fine. You have to download them, run them, than go to the control panel, device manager, right click on the scanner with the exclamation mark, select update driver, don't check windows update, select the driver yourself, browse to the c:\sj675 folder, select OK. than you will get the warning that the driver couldn't be confirmed, install anyway. It will work. I just did it with my scanjet. Don't need xp virtual machine or any other funky workaround.

Friday, June 18, 2010 1:11 AM
  • are you using windows 7 32bit or 64bit?

win7 64bit, wont accept drivers written for 32bit.

here is a link to the xp 32bit drivers anyway

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=nz&prodNameId=18414&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=25287&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228

• Edited by woofnstuff Monday, June 28, 2010 12:02 AM update info
    Monday, June 28, 2010 12:00 AM
  • One option: third-party drivers.

http://www.hamrick.com/

I doubt that it makes sense to purchase a $40US package to support a 10 year old scanner, but the 6300c is on its supported list.

As far as I know, Microsoft doesn't produce drivers, except for some hardware that can use generic drivers (optical drives, for example). Blame HP.

Monday, June 28, 2010 3:41 AM
  • Tried this and it worked great, using the driver found at the HP link given below by woofnstuff.  I also got a couple other miscellaneous error displays when I first installed the drivers, but they can all be safely ignored.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:31 PM
  • HI! Yes it works with the scanner HP 6300 scanjet ADF C7670A on Windows 7.

Thank you

• Edited by TiLuis Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:24 AM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:23 AM