none
Caps lock on screen notifications have stopped working

Question

• I have an Acer Aspire 7741z, when I used caps lock and number lock, there was a pop up pad lock on screen showing that it was locked or unlocked. . I have accidentally turned off the on screen notifications and I can't find how or where to turn them back on and has I have no lights on my wireless keyboard so I really need to get these notifications back if you can help
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:15 PM

Answers

• Problem sorted-reload Acer 'launch manager'
    • Marked as answer by antony1947 Monday, January 30, 2012 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:17 PM
  • You must either find the information in your user manual or contact Acer Technical Support.  This feature is produced by one of the Acer utilities and is not a standard feature of Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:28 PM

All replies

• You must either find the information in your user manual or contact Acer Technical Support.  This feature is produced by one of the Acer utilities and is not a standard feature of Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by antony1947 Monday, January 30, 2012 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Also, you can go to Control Panel>Ease of Access>Make the keyboard easier to use and select Turn on Toggle keys to hear a tone whenever Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll lock is pressed.  I find the audio alert helpful when hitting one of those keys by mistake and I'm looking at the keyboard, not the screen.

Jerry

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:53 PM

So, why do people blame Windows for all the problems on their computers when Microsoft had nothing to do with the 'launch manager'?

The 'launch manager' is a system utility written by Acer specifically for their hardware.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:35 PM
  • I did not blame or infer that it was a Windows problem, I said that it was me that had caused the problem, by taking your superior stance you will stop people using this forum when they need help, if you cannot be positive then keep your opinions to yourself.

Kind regards

Mike

Monday, January 30, 2012 11:08 AM