none
No Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit driver for Belkin Wireless N USB adapter F5D8053

Question

• I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit on my desktop computer. I had been using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with my Belkin Wireless N USB adapter F5D8053 and it was working perfectly. Now however, I just get a yellow exclamation point in the Hardware Resources window, no matter which Belkin driver I install. Belkin says they are testing their Windows 7 drivers. I'd like to get this running ASAP. Has anyone had any success configuring a Belkin Wireless N USB adapter F5D8053 in Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit?
    Friday, November 20, 2009 5:57 PM

Answers

• As suggested on Belkin Download Center, since the product has multiple versions, you need to identify the version number of your adapter to ensure that you load the appropriate driver.

You can follow the steps, open Device Manager=>Right Click on the device=>under Details tab=>Choose Hardware ids under Property.  

With the vender ID or the Device ID, please check the driver via the following site.

http://www.pcidatabase.com/

In addition, since the drivers for your Wireless USB adapter provided on Belkin Download Center are all for Windows Vista, I suggest installing the driver in Windows Vista compatible mode to avoid any conflicts.

1. Right-click the exe. file and choose Properties.

2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".

3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.

4. Click OK to save the settings.

5. Follow the instruction to install the driver, and test.

I hope this can help you.

Monday, November 23, 2009 6:10 AM

All replies

• What version is your adapter?  There are five (5) different versions with different driver packages which usually indicates each version has different hardware chips and configuration.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 7:42 PM
  • Oddly enough, there is no version number on this adapter. I realize there should be, but there isn't. As a result, I have tried installing all five driver packages, one at a time. None of them work.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:35 PM
  • The next option is to see if you can determine which chip is in the adapter.  Belkin, and others, are known for using differnt chips in the same model; that's why they use version numbers.  If you go into the Device Manager and get the VEN number and the DEV number you might be able to identify it by searching the internet.  The numbers are in the Details tab and you use the <down> arrow to find this.  Usually it is the next itemon the list.  The listing would look like: PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEVxxxx  Search for the VEN_(insert number)&DEV_(insert number)
    Friday, November 20, 2009 9:05 PM
  • As suggested on Belkin Download Center, since the product has multiple versions, you need to identify the version number of your adapter to ensure that you load the appropriate driver.

You can follow the steps, open Device Manager=>Right Click on the device=>under Details tab=>Choose Hardware ids under Property.  

With the vender ID or the Device ID, please check the driver via the following site.

http://www.pcidatabase.com/

In addition, since the drivers for your Wireless USB adapter provided on Belkin Download Center are all for Windows Vista, I suggest installing the driver in Windows Vista compatible mode to avoid any conflicts.

1. Right-click the exe. file and choose Properties.

2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".

3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.

4. Click OK to save the settings.

5. Follow the instruction to install the driver, and test.

I hope this can help you.

Monday, November 23, 2009 6:10 AM
  • Well, I was unable to find anything under PCI, since it is a USB adapter. Same thing for the suggestion that Rick Dee made.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:30 PM
  • Well, I was unable to find anything under PCI, since it is a USB adapter. Same thing for the suggestion that Rick Dee made.

Although the item is connected via USB there will still be an entry in the Device Manager.  Look at the Properties of your mouse.

There should be an item listed in the Device Manager with a Yellow Triangle and an Exclamation Mark when the item is connected indicating there is no driver installed.  Check the Properties on this and look at the Details tab and you should be able to use the Down Arrow to find the entry with the VID and PID.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:34 PM
  • OK, you'd better confirm with Belkin and check with then how to identify the version number of the wireless adapter so that we can resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Good luck! 

Judy :)
    Friday, November 27, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Same problem here with Windows 7 Professional. Belkin Support answers that it should be working which it doesn't. The microsoft site says 'more info coming soon': http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Belkin%20N%20USB%20Wireless%20Network%20Adapter&v=Belkin&uid=F5D8053&pf=0π=4&s=belkin%20wireless%20usb%20n%20network%20adapter&os=32-bit
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:32 PM
  • You won half the battle when plug and play recognize it good.  You need to find an .inf file for the  device by extracting from the installer rather than trying to run an incompatible installer.  There is a add hardware wizard burried in the system32 folder that will install the driver even if the device is not present but only if the driver is compatible with the OS.  For the 64 bit it has to be signed no if ands or butts.  Hardware is responsibility of manufacturer.  Sometimes windows update fixes the problem.  If you can get one driver working run windows update.
    Sunday, December 06, 2009 4:42 AM
  • This is crazy!!!! i just bouth a $70 Belkin Wireless Adapter N, a few weeks ago. I put it on this 7 year old computer and it work perfect. I just got my kid a new computer for christmas and the %#%&  adapter doesnt work with Windows 7. i cant believe this!!!! i had to pay $100 for a GEEK from the Geek Squad to come to my house and tell me this!!!!! I really cant believe this. I was told to go to the belkin site and down load the right driver on a thumb drive, but come to find out there is not one for windows 7. Does anyone have any ideas??

Monday, December 28, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Oddly enough, there is no version number on this adapter. I realize there should be, but there isn't. As a result, I have tried installing all five driver packages, one at a time. None of them work.

I thought the same thing, actually there is, it is just INSANELY TINY - literally so small you have trouble making it out with the naked eye. On mine its top left just under the words N WIRELESS USB ADAPTER
    Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:45 AM