Windows 7 shutdown while removing USB Modem RRS feed

• Question

• when I remove broadband USB modem without using "Safe to remove hardware" feature in my windows 7 Instantly a blue screen appears I cant see much because it did'nt give me much time and system shutdown within 5 or 3 seconds and when I restart windows 7 a message appears windows has recover on unexpected error.

Please help me with this issue and also tell me it can damage my hardware, hard disk or OS.

I am using Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 with windows 7

Saturday, August 7, 2010 7:27 AM

Answers

• Try contacting Motorola and see if they have better drivers for Windows 7.

Does your modem have an Ethernet port, try using that.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe I also am a true vegan and I am very good with economics and I used to play chess at 2400++ I have lots of papers on my site for power supplies and video card problems, see the resources section
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, August 13, 2010 1:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:39 PM

All replies

• It can be caused by defect driver, please go to Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right click the USB Root Hub, click Uninstall, then connect your USB modem to the computer, let the computer automatically scan the hardware change, Windows will install the driver for your device.

BTW, it is not recommended to move the USB device directly without using “Safe to remove hardware” feature.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:30 AM
  • I am using Motorola Modem
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:37 PM