none
Cannot Create New Fax with Windows Fax And Scan RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

I am trying to set up Windows Fax and Scan using a fax server. I have the fax server set up on a Windows 2012 R Server and I have Windows Fax and Scan running on a Windows 7 computer. The fax account is set up to the fax server and it says connected. I can see that it is connected because I have WFS running on the server also and can send and receive faxes from there. The problem is on the Windows 7 computer when I try to create a New Fax, I click the "New Fax" button and immedately get a dialog that says: There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

SpazFu

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Community,
       I found the solution for the error. The telephony service was disabled. The solution: go to the start menu, type services in the text box. Double click on Services to start. Scroll down to Telephony.
      Right click on Telephony. Change startup type to automatic. Click on the Start button. Click on OK.
       Then start creating new faxes.

G

• Marked as answer by SpazFu Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:52 PM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Community,
       I found the solution for the error. The telephony service was disabled. The solution: go to the start menu, type services in the text box. Double click on Services to start. Scroll down to Telephony.
      Right click on Telephony. Change startup type to automatic. Click on the Start button. Click on OK.
       Then start creating new faxes.

G

• Marked as answer by SpazFu Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:52 PM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:52 PM
  • Hi SpazFu,

-->I found the solution for the error. The telephony service was disabled.

Great!

Glad to hear that you have solved this issue and thanks for sharing your solution in the forum. This will help others who face the same scenario resolve the issue quickly. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 9, 2015 2:00 AM
  • I have this same problem, but starting the Telephony service does not solve the problem. I am using fax server on Server 2012 Essentials, and the workstation that can't fax is running Windows 10 Pro. Other workstations on the network can fax without any issue. The workstation that has the problem worked fine when it was running Windows 7 Pro. The problem started after it was upgraded to Windows 10. When you click on "Fax Settings" under Tools, nothing happens, and when you click "New Fax" you get the error message. I have deleted the registry keys and turned the fax and scan program on and off, and reconnected to the fax server, but still get the error message "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred." Please help
    • Edited by Bertclovis Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:16 AM
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:13 AM