none
downgrading windows 7 to Xp.. 0X0000007B ( 0Xf78D2524, 0Xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Question

• Hi Frnz!

Im using windows 7 Home premium 64 Bit based OS.. For Using some programming Languages i preferred XP..

I tried installing Xp SP 2 & 3 in Sony vaio vpceb34en model Laptop.. And also downloaded all xp compatible drivers from sony website.. . But after the booting process, i received a blue screen error page as follows:

"A problem has detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this  screen appear agains, follow these steps:

Check for virus on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or Hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure that it is properly configured

and terminated . Run chkdsk/F to check your Hard drive corruption & then restarted your computer.

Technical informaion:

*** STOP:  0X0000007B ( 0Xf78D2524, 0Xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any Suggestion please: 

Note: Non Technical person, So explain with breif steps please

ThanX in Advance

Friday, March 18, 2011 1:55 PM

Answers

• Go into the machine's BIOS settings and change the hard drive's mode from AHCI to IDE.
    • Marked as answer by Nisaar Saturday, March 19, 2011 7:44 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:59 PM

All replies

• Go into the machine's BIOS settings and change the hard drive's mode from AHCI to IDE.
    • Marked as answer by Nisaar Saturday, March 19, 2011 7:44 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Hi Bob!

Thank you so much! its working..

But i want to know wats the difference b/w AHCI & IDE.. At present my win 7 is working with IDE mode. Should i change back the mode to AHCI?

And also provide me the link for acer aspire windows XP drivers.. Please

$.N.A.$
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 7:44 AM
  • In the most basic form, by switching the mode to IDE you lose the ability to hot-swap a drive and to create a RAID without special software or a hardware controller.  You may never have had these abilities anyway, depending on your BIOS.  You also take a small (and by small I mean minuscule) performance hit on the data transfer rate.

Windows 7 is perfectly happy running in IDE mode, so I wouldn't bother switching it back as long as you need to dual-boot XP.

There are many different models of Aspire, so you'll have to look on Acer's website for drivers specific to your machine.  If there are none, you may have to dig a little deeper and find out who made the individual devices and look on their websites for XP drivers.  But if you mean AHCI drivers, don't bother.  Just keep running it in legacy mode.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:56 PM
  • Hi Bob!

It worked in my acer aspire 5942G lap.. But in sony vaio VPCEB34EN, no SATA options are available in BIOS settings.. help me for downgrading to XP please..

Nisaar

$.N.A.$
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:57 AM
  • Hi Bob!

It worked in my acer aspire 5942G lap.. But in sony vaio VPCEB34EN, no SATA options are available in BIOS settings.. help me for downgrading to XP please..

$.N.A.$
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:57 AM
  • It may have an option like Enhanced or Legacy mode - in which case you'd want to set it to Legacy, or as you say, it may not allow you to do this at all.  You could try to find SATA drivers for XP and install them when prompted during the XP installation, or you might just be stuck with Windows 7 on that machine.  

If it comes with Pro x64 installed - have you considered virtual XP mode?  Or you could always run a full version of XP in a virtual machine, even on Windows 7 Home.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:55 AM
  • You are right Bob.. But Im usingt win 7 home pre.. So don hav an option for using virtual PC.. Hav 2 find another way.. I hav downloaded all the XP Drivers from the sony web site.. But im not sure whether it works or not.. 
    $.N.A.$
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Download the appropriate version of Virtual PC from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en

Although not listed, it does work with Windows 7 Home.  You can then run a full version of XP (or Server 2003 or Linux or Windows 2000 or Windows 98 or...) in the VM.  It's not the same as XP virtual mode in Windows 7 Pro - this is treated as a separate OS as opposed to integrated into the Windows 7 desktop.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:43 PM
  • hi Nisaar, what did you do for xp drivers on the 5942g?

peace,

abz

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:26 PM
  • Hi Frnd!

Still searching;( No result for Xp drivers..

Do you hav any idea about that?

$.N.A.$
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Hi Bob!

I have another doubt. My brother bought a new lap aspire 4738Z.. It came with win 7 hme pre installed. I only got a original driver cd along with this lap. So i want to make factory default disc... But no recovery s/w installed with this lap.. Any possibilities for making a factory default disc?

I turned on my lap And pressed Alt +F9 when acer logo screen appears.. There a red color screen appears [GRUB LOADER].. Actually, i didnt hear this word before..

Wats that Grub loader?

Any suggestions?

$.N.A.$
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Yes, the Acer machine should have a utility to make a set of installation/recovery DVDs.  If for some reason it's not there, your brother should contact Acer for a set of disks.

The GRUB loader is a multi-boot loader for usually used for Linux, but it can also be used for Windows.  It could be part of the system recovery routine, as your example implies.  It's probably nothing to worry about if you don't see it when you boot Windows normally.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:16 PM
  • how do i GET to my bios settings if i can't get anywhere but "c:\" via the repair console?
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:25 PM