I assume the problem happens regardless of if you patch it or not.
The 64 bit version of the game crashes unless run in compatibility mode.
I assume doing so hinders performance to some extent so perhaps this should be looked into?
- Changed type Ronnie VernonMVP, Moderator Friday, June 05, 2009 5:36 AM Request
Crysis does not run at all on Windows 7. Not even with patches. Can someone please help.
EVGA X58 Classified mb
Intel core I7 950 chip
EVGA 295 GTX in SLI mode FTW edition
1 TB WD Hard drive black edition
12 GB Corsair Dominator memory
Corsair 1000 watt power supply
The Crysis game has compatibility issues with 64-bit Windows 7 and DirectX 10.
Here's how to get the patched version (1.2.1) working without the mouse and menu problems:
1. Create a shortcut to the 32-bit executable (found in the Crysis, Bin32 directory).
2. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
3. Click on the Shortcut tab and add -dx9 to the target description, leaving a space after exe.
4. Click Apply.
5. Click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box to run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
6. Click Apply.
7. Play the game!
- Edited by Des Nukem Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:34 AM Added steps